View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 09:41 AM   #11
Morelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
This does not knock Lexus reliability, as the JD Power data is clear on who good these cars are. Then again, that same data has Porsche near the top most years.
I'm going with a 1997 SC. It has 5 stars across the board in all JD Power ratings. The 99 Boxster I have has 3 stars in some, and 5 in others.

The main reason that I am getting rid of it is because I only really have two choices on who fixes my car. 1) dealer, or 2) Porsche tuner. The dealer costs far too much, and the tuner takes me an hour to get to, and is only open during my work hours. As I mentioned, even for the SMALLEST problem, I am carless for at least a week. It just doesn't pencil out for me. Anyone can fix the Lexus, and it can be done the same day at the mechanic around the corner. But everyone I take the Porsche two save for these two places...have no clue what they are looking at. That is the biggest deciding factor...as much as I love driving an NSX, it's not my car and I don't like driving cars that I don't own.

I too am surprised at the fervent defense from some of you. The car isn't the right car for me...it's not the end of the world. =)

PS: And if I decide to drop in a JDM 1JZ-GTE, it'll be fine...I know my way around those engines like the back of my hand.