View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramoto
Okay,

It's probably been covered here somewhere but I didn't see it....

What kind of a procedure do YOU go through when selling a car ?
How do YOU advertise it ? What forms of contact info do YOU provide ??
How do YOU weed out the tire kickers and be fair/reasonable to the serious ones ???
How do YOU handle negotiating a price over the phone & in person ?
Do You give each person a fair chance at purchasing the car in the order they contacted YOU ???
Or do YOU blow people off because someone else came along
(supposably) waving $MORE$ CASH ???? And didn't even give the other parties interested, a chance to buy it for more or start a bidding war ?!? Look at who could have profited ? Or do YOU just not return phone calls/emails ?

Or do YOU, after realising that YOU possibly underpriced the car take it off the market, using "I sold it" as an excuse ? Ah gee where is that B.S. emoticon when I need it ?
Money talks.

If it takes someone 5 days to make an offer after expressing interest because they want to make sure it's OK with the wife, kids, dog and someone else comes along with a real offer. The car is sold. The procrastinator isn't out anything.

If too many offers come along at the price I was asking, it's underpriced and I'll say no to all of them and relist higher. The original offerers aren't out anything.

Nothing wrong with a bidding war, buyers should assume they're in a bidding war. If they are, I let them know it and that they have a new price to meet. The lower bidders aren't out anything.

Only if someone has paid for a PPI will I wait to give them a chance to make an offer before I sell the car. In this case there's been an investment made and the party should get what they paid for. I don't expect the results of the PPI to be made available to me, by the way. But I will make the PPI available to the seller when I am buying.

Sierramoto - get over being bitter about missing out on this car. That's the breaks and it happens. -ing about it won't help you. It seems like you've never bought a used car before, get used to desireable cars moving faster than you can react, it happens all the time. There are plenty of Boxsters on the market at great prices. Get a different one.

Last edited by blue2000s; 08-17-2011 at 01:36 PM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote