View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Gforrest2

Dangerous to run tires backwards?

I know it's not a good idea, but is it dangerous to run your directions tires in the wrong direction?

'03 Base, 84k miles, put 3 new Nitto 555s on last fall, two front, and driver rear. Passenger rear had about 70% so the guy at Discount Tire said it did not need to be replaced. Recently was at the dealer twice for an alignment (car pulls to right). The second time, after they couldn't correct the situation, they flip flopped the front tires. Problem went away - car tracked straight. They said the tire was defective. Well after 9 months I don't think they are going to give me new tires. It was suggested that I dismount the tires and switch the left with the right Well that's $50 and maybe money well spent or maybe it won 't make a difference. I just want to move the left tire to the right and vice versa.

I dont' drive the car very hard, basically I use it for a short commute on nice days and the occasional country drive on the weekends. See any problems? I don't drive when it's wet out, so if tracking in the rain is a concern, that won't affect me. Am I missing something here or should I be okay.

And maybe it's not the tires, but my 8+ year old suspension is worn out? or ???

Sorry for the long post.