View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 06:19 AM   #11
Perfectlap

I gave up and just went with a Willwood rack (used). I have to say its easier to use than the Bird rack which I also had. The Willwood installs in 60 seconds without rushing. But the Bird rack company owner personally installed it and had much better communication. Now that's customer service. The thing about the Willwood system is that it can be used as tire tail for you autocrossers. I wouldn't go very far with that though and its complicated because you have to rig up brake lights like any other trailer. Both systems are good for Snowboards (don't know about skis). The Bird seems like the safer option for golf clubs. The only issue is that getting a new Willwood rack is tough since the owner seems to have shut down.

Tip for either sytem. If you go down to Home Depot or Lowe's you can buy long strips of 3M velcro tape. They're about an inch wide and if yu stick the furry side to the back of the hook side you have inexpensive straps. Just measure out how much you'll need to secure the wheel to the carrier, or frame to the carrier and cut. You just have to be precise when sticking the two sides together.

here's another brand sold at Sears. 12' of tape should be enough for one bike maybe even two.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_1990000000092226P?prdNo=21&blockNo=46&blockType=G46
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-12-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote