View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:38 AM   #17
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmods
Overdrive - you are absolutely right. It's one of those thing... based on luck. However, with today’s high tech manufacturing equipment and abundance of raw materials, it's pretty hard to fail
I agree with you on technological advancement, madmods, but on the flip side of that, if you're really putting $$$ into having advanced tech, I can't imagine you're turning that much of a profit per wheel unless you let something else go, like QC looking the other way every now and then when it comes to selecting suppliers, material impurities, defects, etc. This isn't directed solely at China, either, this is happening everywhere.

Simple but valid point-maker: I see people with brand new cars, easily less than a year old, with a headlight or taillight bulb out. Yesterday I saw a new Audi S5, and I think we all know Audi's doing LED running lights, and only the right side was lit on this car. How does that happen with a nearly $60,000 (US) "premium" car? Someone's really pinching pennies when it comes to quality control and supplier selection.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote