View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #1
lexuspilot

Drove a F355 Spyder last night

I drove a '99 Ferrari 355 Spyder with the F1 shifters last night. Got to drive it about 5 miles, doing launches and multiple WOT passes. I have to say it is quite a car and the sound is awesome.

The paddle shifters blew me away. The system is so superior to BMW SMGII that I couldn't beleive it. It shifted nice and smooth just driving around. Behind your head your could hear shifting noises like you were operating a manual. Under hard acceleration it would shift fast and hard, much diffeent than around town driving.
It was so low to the ground and felt very nimble but like a much bigger car than the boxster. I guess like a big go-kart. I short shifted accidentally so much because I guess my shifting is valume based and it was getting very loud at 5500rpm. But, when i was able to watch the road and get to redline the engine was just incredible. The gears were very tall and if you let the rpms drop it would accelerate very slowly.

It was a wild ride(scary) when the owner drove it, but riding is always so different than driving. Anyone agree? Does riding when someone drives fast scare the **************** out of you but if you did the same turns at the same speeds it would be nothing?

This car did nice burnouts too. And the sound when getting off the throttle was ************************ unbeleivable. You just imagined flames coming out the exhaust.

NOW, did the Boxster feel different and like crap when I got back in? NOPE! I actually appreciated the fit and feel of the Box when I got back in to it. I have only driven Vipers, Z06's, a GT3 and my Box, and it is funny how all of them feel so different.

BTW it is for sale. And for a really good deal.

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote