View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #4
shlim8

Thanks for the reply.

But if the temp used to be 90 on the meter and now it's jumped to close to 100, it would seem that something has changed. Regardless of whether the meter is non-linear or not...

Any ideas on whether a failed oil temp sensor would cause the DME to turn on the fans later ?? It would seem the water temp sensor is ok, since both gauge and a/c show a higher water temp of 100. Unless the DME reads the water temp from a different sensor ?

He has to order in an oil temp sensor, so was wondering if there is anything else that might be needed. Out of desparation (me thinks), he's flushing the radiators as well, but I doubt that's going to help, since the fans are coming in at 100 (low) and 103 (high) C and I don't think there are any temp sensors at the radiators.

Another thing he noticed was that the coolant level has actually gone up (when cold). I've never seen that happening... only down not up. Air in the cooling system ?? I had passed him, the burping procedure for tip cars to him, not sure if his mechanic had followed the procedure. But I would presume that after a week, any air should have gone through the system ?

Last edited by shlim8; 07-31-2011 at 09:15 PM.
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote