View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 02:30 PM   #8
longislander1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenOH
which dealer in OH was that?
I had a good e-mail correspondence with Tim Brookhart at White-Allen in Dayton. Back in July, I was getting very frustrated with the delays in delivering my car ordered in March. I started to look around and sent e-mail requests on a number of cars. Tim had a nice one that stickered at $64.2K and in three successive e-mails, he brought the price down to $57.3K. He said someone would pick me up at the airport and I could then have a great 700-mile ride home. I didn't negotiate seriously because I still had a contract to take the ordered car through the end of July (which I did on 7/22). I had a better rapport with Tim than my actual salesman here on Long Island. I've never met the guy, but if he's anything like his e-mails, I'd contact him. He really sounded like someone willing to deal.

I'm pretty flexible on options and colors. If I knew then what I know now, I would have waited until the summer and scored a much better deal on an '05. I honestly never expected to see so many still in stock. When you read one favorable review after the other, you expect a car to be harder to get. I guess not everyone has the bucks these days. One salesman said it's due to the fact that the lease rates aren't as good as they used to be.

Good luck in your search and bargain hard!
longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote