View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 07:13 AM   #33
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
"

This is total crap science. Two years ago, NE had it worst winter ON RECORD. Record cold and snow. If the planet were warming up, how did this happen? I lived in NE for 25 yrs too and the winters were all farily variable. Climate science does not rely on one's own memory.

Last winter, San Diego had awful weather. It means nothing from a climate perspective, which is measured in 100 years chunks.
1.We do set emissions standards for the world. (As well as the EU).
The Chinese measure how far behind the west they are on emissions standards
by the example we set. While Europe is on Euro 5 standards, China is still trying to adapt to Euro 2.
2. OK I have no scientific evidence to suggest that a country 3x's the USA with cars 3x's more toxic is hurting the environment. conclusion: the abscence of evidence means there are no negative effects to the enviroment. Just because you can't produce irefutable evidence doesn't mean there isn't damage. Find me a single field of science where that community is unanimous? Cancer?
3. Paul O'Neill aside from being an economist is also the former and long serving CEO of a Alcoa, a company that had minimizing pollution and toxic waste as a corporate responsibility. Has he (a cabinet member of several U.S. Presidents) also been duped by Greens on the reality of Global warming errr "Global climate change"? If so then I don't feel so bad because I'm not as smart as he is.
4. Short sighted? We've done more to compromise the fiscal and eviromental future of this country in the last 20 years than the previous 200 years of this country existence COMBINED. Pick up 'Running on Empty' by Pete Petersen, a conservative afterall.
5. LONGTERM Higher Gas prices = INFLATION. hold onto your hat Mr. Bush.
You're about to know what Mr. Carter felt like back in 70's.
6. I said CONSISTENT weather. Erratic weather patterns where one winter is the worst on record while the previous winter is the mildest, has never been the norm up here.

BTW, Gas hit $3.50 a gallon for 93 this morning at my local gas station. On Tuesday it was $2.75
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 09-02-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote