View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
Perfectlap

I read they're having issues with building the Ipad3's, too many parts to go in such a small case. No doubt they are annoyed that Samsung have the claim to thinnest and lightest and will want to end that as soon as possible. Seems crazy though because this Samsung is ridiculously thin as it is. Doesn't even feel "real". But without 4G I don't see where else Apple could drastically improve on Ipad2. Maybe a few extra ports for SD cards a better camera. Doesn't sound to exciting. Although the could definitely improve the screen, it's noticeably behind the Iphone4's. I'm not sure if LG (who supply the displays) is working on an outdoor useable display like Samsung's cooking up with the PenTile screen.

Also, I just got the offical book cover case from Samsung for the 10.1
Best cover/case I've seen on any tablet yet. Hard plastic without adding any extra weight. I'm going to stick some carbon fiber adhesive on the back to jazz it up.

By the way I'm tethering on my DroidX right out of the box, no hacking or third party apps. Works flawlessly as long as the 3G connection is stable. That just saved me a bundle each year. I certainly would not pay for tethering or data limited hotspotting. I'd sooner get one of those portable wifi units like the 4G clear device so a long as its unlimited. These guys are getting ridiculous with all these montly internet charges.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 07-22-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote