View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Perfectlap

If you're not into Ipad2 try this $399

The Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 which is thinner, ligher and with a better display than the Ipad2 ($500 16GB) is available at Staples for $399 with this coupon.
You can special order the 32GB version of the 10.1 for $500. The coupon is only good in-store, doesn't work online.

http://dealnews.com/Staples-printable-coupon-100-off-any-tablet/482382.html

Ipad on the right

YouTube is full of videos comparing the 10.1 vs. the Ipad2 that you can check out.
I won't go into the differences between Android Honeycomb for tablets vs. Apple's OS but having used both I opted for the Android. As far as which tablet to get,
After seeing the Motorola Xoom and not being very impressed I was about to give up on Android afterall and buy the Ipad2 at Sam's Club for $480 but I stumbled upon the Samsung 10.1 at BestBuy. I thought it was fake demo it was so light. Amazing. And of course with Android you can see Flash video on websites which is what used on 80% of websites.

In a few weeks the the 10.1 will be arriving to Verizon with ultra fast 4G LTE (10 times faster than 3G) but it requires a contract. This will be the lightest, thinnest 4G tablet. The Ipad2 will not have 4G anytime soon because AT&T is way behind in that area and they don't want to push potential buyers towards a Verizon 4G Ipad2. So neither carrier gets a 4G Ipad2.
I imagine the 4G LTE Samsung tablet will have a 3G or 4G switch so you can save on battery when the 4G signal is weak. Since it's Android, surely some developer will come up with a solution you can easily download. 4G is a huge battery eater.
No doubt Apple is working furiously on a remedy for that one, but again you'll have to wait and it will be data limited.

Also, the 10.1 accessories are on sale if you call Samsung's 1-800 number. Orders over $100 get free overnight shipping and a 20% discount if you ask. That's a big savings since the keyboard dock ran me $85 at BestBuy with tax vs. $55 (I picked up two, the BestBuy one is going back). The book cover case is also worth getting, since its on sale, as it does not add any bulk to the tablet and covers it in a hard sleek plastic. There's also another cover in the works that folds out into a slim keyboard. They're also working on the highest resolution screen for the next 10.1 which like an LCD LED TV does not reflect light, can be used outdoors and will draw 40% less power. Samsung is bringing their A game after Apple sold 9 million Ipad2 in the last quarter. Although once Android opens up the tablet OS you'll be seeing fairly powerful Android wi-fi tablet prices plummet to $200 from no-name companies. Right now the Asus Transformer (also running Honeycomb 3.2 like the Xoom and Samsung albeit a little heavier but just as powerful) can be had for $300 with the staples coupon. Crazy.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 07-21-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote