View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 11:37 AM   #10
RandallNeighbour

BruceLee: I'll elaborate to see if it clears up any confusion...

My lexus had a 100k extended warranty as a CPO car purchased off the Lexus lot. It seemed as if it were exactly the same as the factory warranty... I complained, they fixed it with a big smile on their face. When I'd bring it in for an overpriced oil change, they'd clean the car inside and out (even waxed it once for free!) and I'd always get a five foot long no-charge bill of the stuff they did to it while in their possession for that single day. They'd do all sorts of stuff under the extended warranty, such as update computer chips, replace struts, put in a new battery once, worked on my A/C, replaced the retractable antenna (even though I damaged that myself by listening to the radio in a car wash) etc.

My question was to ask if you knew if local dealerships milked the warranty to do all sorts of things to cars to make money, or is that just the Lexus dealers? My friends and brother all have Lexus autos and said it's the same at their dealerships.

Does a CPO Porsche owner get all kinds of stuff replaced like this as well, or are they more stringent and wait for the owner to complain and bring it in specifically for the issue at hand?
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote