View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
stateofidleness

got it all back together.
re-install was WAY easier than removal, but removal wasn't terrible. was able to do it with the bumper on, but i have girly arms/hands so I was able to maneuver myself pretty easily to get at the top 2 bolts.

the sound is great!

idle and sub-35mph it's very low and throaty. between 35 and 65 it sounds like the stock muffler (to me anyway). from 65-70mph there's a definite drone, but not a "show stopper". 70 and up, the drone turns into a more stock sounding exhaust note and is not as quiet as stock (which was REALLY quiet), but not drone'y (made that word up )

next project... water pump!

for others that may come along:
I was able to do the entire removal and installation with the end on ramps. there was PLENTY of room in the rear once on ramps. I also used an air wrench which shaved off about 20 minutes of hand-wrenching.

at 72k miles (MY00 base), all my stock hardware came out EASILY! I sprayed them with penetrating spray WHILE I was removing them (ie: not prep spray) and they broke loose and came out with ease. Was able to re-use all my hardware with no problems at all.

also, if not for anything else, the swap was worth the weight savings alone... that stock muffler is a BIG honkin' thing. Had each muffler in each hand and was having to "lean" over to keep the stock one lifted (im a girly man.. see note above, but still). tidies up the rear underside a bit too.
stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote