View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

A little confession about the 944

I've been looking at buying a 944 for a dedicated track car. Power is low enough to keep me out of trouble (for the most part) and the handling is, well you know the 944's reputation.

I have to confess, in the process of driving old 944s, I've come to the realization that I like them better than my Boxster. The steering is so direct, even in the power steering cars, it makes the Boxster feel numb, the doors close with the solid clunk-click that Porsche made it's reputation on, and the chassis is solid and communicative. Even old poorly taken care of cars have no squeaks or rattles, amazing.

It's so much more of a driver's car than the Boxster. I've been in denial about this for a while, I'll take out the Boxster after driving a 944 and try to tell myself it's better, the Boxster has the mid-engine balance, more modern suspension, almost twice the power, but it's just not better. I haven't driven a 968, but I bet it would be fantastic to have that chassis and 236 NA horsepower. I think I'm in trouble.

Last edited by blue2000s; 07-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote