View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 08:34 AM   #4
Joji

"Most likely the relay or fuse. Check the fuse box (there should be a layout sheet in th cover to the fuse box) for a blown fuse first. If that's ok, replace the relay. The relay is #10 in the relay panel under the dash. The relay panel is right behind the fuse box and is not covered. The horn relay Porsche part number is 141 951 253 B. It's cheap, about $15 at a dealer or $7 at Radio Shack. One of those two should take care of the problem. Btw, I ran into one other person who's PO removed the fuse. When they put it back in, the horn just kept blowing by itself. Just an FYI in case it happens to you. She replaced the relay and it was fine"

I just loooked inside the fuse box. The fuse for the horn was missing. I am going to go out and get a new one. I have a feeling though when I put it in the horn will go on without stopping.

Just so I under stand and not electrocute myself. Before I put the fuse in I have to remove the negative battery terminal. How do I do this. is it a clip or something that snaps in . Or do I have to unscrew something. I don't want to get hurt. Do I have to do this just to pop a new fuse in?
Joji is offline   Reply With Quote