View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 06:47 AM   #2
deliriousga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joji
Hi,
I found a couple of things wrong with my new car. The back right tail light is out. I figured out how to open it. Do you have to buy the bulbs at the Porsche dealer or can you get them at Homedepot.
You can get them at any auto parts store. Nothing special about them.

Quote:
The light in the middle near the Convertible latch release works but is extremly loose. Anytips how to fix this.
I don't know off hand. I can look into it if nobody else has worked with it, but it will be tomorrow since today is my anniversary. No working on the car tonight.

Quote:
On the stereo I only have dash speakers. I noticed that the high and hig mids come from the left speaker. And the low end comes from the right speaker. I have not looked into the stereo yet. So it might be set wrong. But is this normal for Dash speakers only. Remind me of old Beatle recordings.
Doesn't sound normal. Probably the settings in the stereo.

Quote:
Next is more serious. I notice the Horn does not work. Can I fix this or is this have to be done by a mechanic because of the airbag.
Most likely the relay or fuse. Check the fuse box (there should be a layout sheet in th cover to the fuse box) for a blown fuse first. If that's ok, replace the relay. The relay is #10 in the relay panel under the dash. The relay panel is right behind the fuse box and is not covered. The horn relay Porsche part number is 141 951 253 B. It's cheap, about $15 at a dealer or $7 at Radio Shack. One of those two should take care of the problem. Btw, I ran into one other person who's PO removed the fuse. When they put it back in, the horn just kept blowing by itself. Just an FYI in case it happens to you. She replaced the relay and it was fine.

Make sure you remove the negative battery terminal before removing fuses or relays. After you fix it and reconnect the battery, you need to put the key in and turn it to the "on" position without starting the car and leave it there for one minute minimum. Then turn it to the off position for 10 seconds minimum. You can start the car after that. This allows the computer to test and re-calibrate everything before you start it.

Good luck!
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top

Last edited by deliriousga; 08-31-2005 at 06:51 AM.
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote