View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #10
jhandy

The increase in air and water temps are not noticed unless you check real time while driving with the scangague tool or simular. The water temp gague is pathetic at best. A mark from 180 and 250 is not a precise instrument.
Basing your water temp on how much of the 0 is covered up will not see the increase.

If your fans turn on High up front the water temp is 215ish or higher. I have seen my temp go as high as 219 with redline water wetter and 230 without it. The pin was just at the edge of 0.

I highly doubt that I have an unusual boxster in that I have a zone of super heated air around my car.

I promise you if you look you will find the same as me.

I made a make shift cardboard case and sealed it with duct tape, and down the air intake temp went, by 20ish degrees- soon did the water by 5 degrees.

If you want to really have some fun....I sewed a piece of thin white cloth to the inside of the filter and drove around. That fine dust gets past the EVO filter. The problem is that the odd size of the cone and pipe preclude buying a better filter to use instead.

The pre filter is the way to go at the very least.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 07-07-2011 at 03:04 PM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote