View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone
Could it be that you have to drive a 987 more extensively than a typical "test drive" to detect the differences?

I test drove a few 987's when I was looking for my Boxster and didn't notice much difference - thus, the 986 purchase. Seemed to me that the notable difference was between the S and non-S models rather than 986 vs 987. Reading your review now makes me think that maybe I missed something during my short test drives.
Yes, during my test drive I felt that there were some very discernible differences between the 987 and 986 . Namely, the 987 felt more refined in terms of ride quality, power delivery/engine "feel", and it had a handling aspect that I felt was more inline with what the general motor public would prefer. Personally, I like the raw "dialed in" feel of my 986. But, to be truthful it's for everyone . In any case, in order for me to replicate these attributes with a 987, that would mean "gutting" the suspension, wheels, exhaust, engine mods ect .... That would end up being a six figure boxster in no time .