View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:06 AM   #3
Dale_K

I've had some trouble with headlight adjustment too. In my case the right side was low and right. I think the owner's manual is wrong about the direction the screw should turn. Anyway I pulled the headlight out and turned the bottom screw backward from the direction the manual said and I could see the Litronic lamp holder moving a little. Finally it made a little "pop" noise and jumped a long way in the correct direction.

Later I tried adjusting the left/right direction and discovered the top screw also tended to move the light up and down with very little left/right change. My suggestion is that you disregard the manual and move both screws significantly while watching the bulb unit. In my case the gears were not stripped and if your ARE stripped I guess you're SOL. There's some kind of interaction between the up/down and left/right adjusting units and you might get lucky if you try them both. Don't be afraid to adjust backward from what you think the manual is saying - try everything.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote