Thread: Trading In Tips
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #11
ozspearo

Hi all,

I'm in a slightly different situation. Sorry blinkwatt, not trying to hijack your thread, but thought some of the replies to my situation might help you too.

I live in a small town where there's little demand for a decent sports car, only family vans, pick up trucks and the occasional Mustang. I'm moving overseas at the end of the month and need to sell my '02 S. I've had a few less-than-serious enquiries so now I'm looking further afield. The nearest Carmax is a couple of hundred miles away but I'm heading there next weekend to give it a shot. There's also a P dealer nearby so I'll pay them a visit while I'm there.

Apart from Dale_K, has anyone else had any experience with Carmax, particularly if you're just selling and not trading in? What about Craigslist? I haven't had any experience with either, although I've heard there are more fake ads/scams than real ones on CL.

Oh, and in case anyone's interested, it's Artic Silver with 72k miles, 6 spd with a bunch of extras and spare parts. Price is negotiable depending on what spares and extras you want. Email me if you want more details. saf_069@hotmail.com

-Scott

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them
Lest we forget"
ozspearo is offline   Reply With Quote