View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
husker boxster

I agree, the interior design / layout is pleasing. I like the dash layout. The nav system was easy to figure out without having to hunt and peck.

Also forgot to mention you lose an extra 1 1/2" of rear window view when the spoiler comes up.

Maybe the looks will grow on me. I'm a bit agnostic towards it at this point. However, some young man behind me at a stop light thought it was photo worthy. You certainly don't see many in my neck of the woods.

I drove the Box to work today and no coolant lights. I'll check the level on Sat as I will be changing the air filter and cabin filter. But she appears to be full and running fine.

The Cayman is doing great. I've owned it just under 4 mo and have put 5K mi on it. I had to buy a set of tires for it, which was unexpected (they looked good in the pics). The rears really needed replacing and I debated whether to buy 2 PS2s to match the fronts or go a full set of something else. Decided to go with a full set of Conti DWs and really like them. The ride is much improved. Buying a 2nd Porsche (along with a set of tires) has been a stretch. I've throtled my lifestyle back a bit as I rebuild my safety net. But I think I timed the market just right. Caymen asking prices have gone up $3-4K since the weather has gotten better. With their different options, the Cayman and Box have unique personalities. Each also appeals to different demographics. Younger people really like the Box and people over 30 really like the Cayman.

I was talking to my golf league partner recently about both Porsches. He said I was pretty lucky. I said I know I've got a good life when the toughest decision I have to make everyday is decide which Porsche I'm going to drive to work.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote