View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
ozspearo

Airbag Light Code 21

Hi all,

My '02 Boxster S has finally succumbed to the dreaded airbag fault. It started as a once-every-two-months problem but is now coming on 2 out of every 3 starts. It comes on within the first 5-60 seconds of starting the car. It clears with the Durametric software and doesn't come back again whilst driving the car.

I'm in the middle of selling the car (moving overseas next month) so I need to fix it, but I don't have a great deal of spare time. Given the symptoms (Code 21, only happens on start-up, doesn't return after clearing, progressively worse over the last 6 months) can anyone suggest where I should look first, ie. what's the most likely cause, so I can save myself some time.

I have an Avionics background (23yrs+ on military aircraft) so I'm confident I can fix it myself, but I'm hoping someone can save me a lot of time by suggesting what I should look at first (I'm assuming the plug at the back of the airbag is where I'm headed, but would like to hear what everyone thinks before I start dismantling the car).

TIA,

-Scott

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them
Lest we forget"
ozspearo is offline   Reply With Quote