Thread: Dead Boxster?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #21
Surfncpa

It comes with a 12K warranty. Not much but that's a year of being covered and at that point I will turn it over to my son who won't be driving many miles.

The top is in good shape and so is the hard top. I just put on new front tires and the back ones are ok. Windows seem good. Brakes ok, prob will get those done within the next 10K miles. Needs a new windshield and a few minor things on the interior.

For $20K I could get another Boxster that would probably be in better shape than the one I have. But, I am thinking the engine would be a much bigger gamble than a rebuilt one with the IMS upgrade and a couple other upgrades. Am I wrong there? I'll get the specifics of all the upgrades and post them here.

The other thing is I can come up with $14K or a little more but probably not $20K and certainly not the $30K+ to get a certified preowned. I hate the idea of two car payments and the wife's car still has $25K to go to be paid off.

The car is an automatic and from what I have heard they are less problematic than manual. I have no idea what an LSD is. If I went with the bigger engine wouldn't the exhaust need to be reconfigured as well? I'm really not that concerned about performance just dependability.
Surfncpa is offline   Reply With Quote