View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 09:14 AM   #5
idjiot

Thinking...

Thanks for the comments so far!

I forgot to mention that the White one also comes with an extended warranty that would be transferred to me. I believe there's a little less than 1.5 years on the warranty.

I'm definitely a little worried about the maintenance but at the same time, it's something I've definitely considered. I won't be "broke" when I get this car and should be able to afford repairs on an ongoing basis although obviously I would rather avoid major repairs. Again, I've read horror stories and I've also read that some of those stories are overrated. I'm not really sure who to believe...

I've attempted to look at newer boxters but I think they might just be out of my price range for now...

As for the tiptronic vs. manual - is there really a very large problem? I've driven both cars and to be honest I'm not a performance-crazy guy. When I had the car in tiptronic I felt it performed as well as the manual. Again, I'm not the kind of person that really drives a car really hard.

This is a tough one. I definitely don't want to make the WRONG decision.

Oh - one other separate note - I did encounter a 2000 Boxter with 63k miles on it. This car was fully loaded (premium sound, 18inch wheels, power everything, HID lights) but the car's condition wasn't as immaculate. It wasn't awful but there were a few scratches and the wheels were scratched. Asking price was $21k (probably could negotiate down to about $20k). I didn't go for the car because when I drove it the clutch was very unresponsive - felt really sluggish. Maybe you guys might think this is the "better" car though.

Any comments you have are helpful - I really am a newbie.
idjiot is offline   Reply With Quote