View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 11:51 PM   #2
nautiquelfe

This seems like a simple answer to me. No doubt B. The dealer service alone is worth peace of mind. Also the addition of a hardtop. That would run you approx. $1500 from used source(good luck finding your color when you are ready to purchase one). Also the 18" rims are a very expensive upgrade. Car A will be needing a 60K service soon, that will cost you +/- $1200. With the uncertainty of maintenance on car A it may not be a bad idea to go ahead w/ the 60K work after purchase. Also it would be very wise to have a porsche dealership run a PPI on whichever your looking at it'll cost around $200 but it is worth way more. I own a 99 artic silver boxster and am spending much more than i thought on the minor details. Mine was a "base model" lease. I cant tell you how much i regret not holding out for a better optioned 99. Seems we'll have another happy member soon either way. Once you get the porsche itch there's only one way to scratch it. Use the fact that there's another car near that your looking at to negotiate a little off the top of either one. There seems to be an abundance of used boxsters for sell right now. I guess summer is really over. Good luck. Return often and use the knowledge of the board for any questions or concerns. You'll learn more on here in an hour than in a week talking to porsche salesmen. BTW any amount of warranty would be invaluable.