View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 09:19 PM   #1
idjiot

'99 Boxter - Purchasing - Would like some advice

Hi everyone,

I am about to buy a '99 Porsche Boxter. I'm debating between two vehicles and I'm wondering which one is better or if both are "bad deals."

Car A
'99 Boxter with 51k miles. Manual - everything is standard except perhaps 6 disc CD changer. White and kept very clean. It's the 2nd owner but he hasn't driven it much (about 4k miles since he bought it in 2003). He hasn't done much maintenance to the car except oil changes and replacing a sensor (he hasn't driven it much). The exterior is great except for one scratch towards the bottom of the front bumper.

Cost: $18,000

Car B
'99 Boxter with 64k miles. Arctic Sliver, Tiptronic with following extras:
18 inch porsche classic rims
Sports exhaust
Hard top

The car is immaculate (no scratches detectable). The current owner is the only owner and has all service records including recently completed 60k maintenance. Only OEM stuff has been put into the car and the owner seems to have really taken care of it. Dealer-serviced only.

Cost: $20,000

Which one?!!!

Background: It's been my dream to own a Porsche since I was a kid. I needed a new car and was going to lease a new A4 when I realized I was only doing it for budget reasons. Instead, I decided that I really wanted a Porsche. This purchase means the world to me as it is a big hit to the wallet and in addition would help me complete one of my goals in life: own a Porsche. I'm 26 and living in Los Angeles.

If you have any thoughts, feel free to share. I'm hoping to join the Porsche owners club soon.
idjiot is offline   Reply With Quote