Thread: A/C Died
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #20
Viper5

I was doing some browsing myself and like others here was unable to find an active link. Mikefocke had responded and said it was on his website too but it would be the same link anyway. Can someone give me a valid link for the DIY?

Also, I have some new information which may or may not be useful. Whether the car is off or on at full a/c, the pressure needle will always read that 150psi value. Not sure if that eliminates anything or makes something a bit more suspect.

Anyone think the expansion valve may be bad?

EDIT: I found the DIY on renn and I'm going to attempt the same fix. I'm not sure how this would actually fix my low side high pressure issue, but at least I can remove the rest of that irritating foam. I'm stuck at one of the earlier steps. I have provided a picture of what I am seeing here. I believe that on the DIY he is saying to remove the pieces where I have labeled as B, however I felt resistance and I'm not in the mood to damage anything. Anyone know how to separate the bottom side of the flap?

DIY: =http://www.renntech.org/forums/tutorials/article/121-fixed-my-lack-of-heat-problem-here-is-the-procedure/

Last edited by Viper5; 06-14-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote