View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 07:18 AM   #5
deliriousga

Well, the oil filler tube didn't take care of the problem. Took it out last night after working on it all day and here's what I found:

The smoke comes out of the exhaust. I don't see it coming from the engine bay or around the exhaust like it's leaking on something then burning. It's like too much oil is being pumped into the cylinder(s) and it's burning it off. If it sits for about 2 hours, about a cup of oil will be burned off at start-up. The amount of smoke is so big if you back into it you're completely blind, like sitting in the middle of a cloud. I'll try and post a picture in a bit if I can.

I was completely wrong about the squeal. There is no oil on the belts at all. I could only get it to squeal with the covers on. I guess the engine does not get hot enough when it's wide open so I still don't know what's causing the squeal. Since they both started happening at the same time, I'm guessing they're related.

Does anyone know if you can see the oil dripping if you have an RMS failure? I was looking around at everything and there is no visible oil anywhere. I looked around where the RMS should be located and it's all sealed so I don't know if you can see the leak or not.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I'm flying blind right now and we won't drive it until it's figured out. Working on the clutch in the 928 today since I should be able to finish it and keep 2 cars on the road.

TIA!
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote