View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 07:05 PM   #1
teacher

Where did you buy your Porsche? new or used

funny little story, I want to tell, is how I bought my Porsche.... I took my Toyota MR2 Spyder into general maintenance (oil change all that) and I had no appt. it was a Saturday. The wait was 4 hours so I agreed, being happy that they took my car without appt.
So, I decided to kill time by listening to tunes and walked down the street. On PCH, there are many dealerships, so I decided to hunt around. I saw a red Honda Accord 2 door, but they weren't open at the time so I moved on...then I reached Mercedes Benz, and that's where I saw my car, a 2001 Boxster.... I looked it over carefully, looking for dings, and it was a sunny day of course, and I found that it really looked great. Then a salesman came to me and I asked him questions, it was really easy to deal with him, as the sticker price posted was 29,900, and at one point, but I got him down to 26300. So we did make the sale, but they kept me there for at least an hour, to make sure I wouldn't walk away...I told the sales guy "I'm not going to fall in love with this car" and he said "you should" lol so it was good and I got great financing, down payment on a credit card 0% financing on the life of the loan, so I was ready, and I did think about it, because the MR2 had top problems, big problems, tearing in the vinyl, I can go on, so I decided to buy the Porsche.
The best part of this all was taking it to Pacific Porsche, which rates as AAA in the Better Business Bureau. The directional signal stuck so I wanted to have them check it out, they said "we'll look it over." What they did was windows roll down repair, (not going down enough), door trims touch up, loosen door films, replace real main seal, remove/install transmission, clean transmission, and remove and replace steering column.
Suffice it to say, this car runs like a dream and the Pacific Porsche guys should receive a medal lol, because they went above and beyond what was required. This is good business practice, hands down... So, anyone have any other buying experiences they want to share? =)
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote