Thread: Which to pick?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:55 AM   #15
Johnny Danger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho
Bottom line, #1 spent lots of money to doll up his car and #2 spent lots of money replacing parts that wore out on schedule and lots of money on preventative maintenance.

So if you want a car thats dolled up AND in good mechanical condition, would you rather get a car thats dolled up already but that will have unknown and possibly very expensive repairs in the near future, or a car that is essentially mechanically perfect that you can then doll up, knowing exactly what the cost of mods will be?

To me, theres no choice.

What ???????
Any way, I know plenty of boxster owners who's vehicles have reached the 75k mark that still have the original transmission, CV joints, coolant tanks, rear windows ect.., and in many cases have a clutch that still has plenty of life left in it. I don't view any of the aforementioned parts as being part of routine, scheduled maintenance, or things that typically wear out at this juncture. And, I can assure you, if I live long enough (LOL !) to see my vehicle reach 75k, all of the aforementioned parts will still be intact. And you can bet that both me and the vehicle will be all "dolled up" .

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 06-09-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote