View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 02:54 AM   #7
JTP

Thanks for all the input. It doesn't sound like it would be a maintenance nightmare as some have claimed especially since this car has addressed most of the issues.
The car I'm looking at is a 2.5L 16 valve with 3000miles on the engine and 86,000 on the car. The clutch was replaced when the engine was rebuilt and the engine has no leaks on it at all. He used Raceware fasteners to rebuild the engine. I spoke to the mechanic who did the work and he says the guy "spared no expense" to rebuild the engine. He said it was $7000 or $8000. The underside of the car is immaculate too. The car has 964 wheels on it but he also has the original phone dial alloys with the original P7 tires mounted on them. The rims look brand new. The car was alittle slow by modern standards but it doesn't bother me too much. He's asking $7500, fair price?

There are some really nice low mileage 951 in the area and they're asking $14000+. Saw some in the $8000 range too but they looked worn. Saw a few S2s also, but I'm willing to trade some speed for a car that has been taken care and reliable.

The noise is more of a rhythmic high pitch squeak squeak sound that goes away when the clutch is pressed. I just don't want to face a $2000 transaxle repair bill soon after getting the car.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote