Thread: Which to pick?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #11
WhipE350
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger
An interesting paradox always arises on this forum whenever it comes to assessing the value and reliability of vehicle; particularly if there are modifications involved. I find it fascinating to see how an overwhelming majority of the members on this forum are always looking for ways to improve the performance of their vehicle's with both aftermarket and DIY modifications . Yet, many are quick to condemn a vehicle based on the fact that it has been modified . Moreover, the mere mentioning of modifications seems to signify that said vehicle has had the "hell driven out of it" , or "stomped to death". To the contrary, it's been my experience that whenever a person invests the time and effort in modifying his or her vehicle, they seem to take even greater care of it. As far as the vehicles in question are concerned, granted vehicle #2 has had the much desired IMS upgrade performed . But look at the rest of it . At 73k it needed a new transmission, CV boots, O2 sensors, coolant tanks, rear windows ect ... If any vehicle smacks of having had the "bag kicked out of it", it's this one !! On the other hand, because vehicle #2 has a sport muffler, lower springs, ecu upgrade and some cosmetic enhancements (golly, those mods don't sound familiar on this forum), it's taboo . Oh, and the other concerns are that it still has the original clutch, coolant tank, brakes and rear window . With only 47k on the odometer, I would hope that it did !!
Totally agree! When I looked at these two cars #1 was my immediate pick, my first thought was yes another low problem/repair car like mine only this one has a bunch of nice pricey cool stuff on it. I will say I can't disagree with those that liked number #2 but then I keep thinking...darn that is a lot of repairs...maybe it was a problem car...or maybe the guy was like me and just likes to do repair work for the fun of it...you know that piece of mind that comes with making a car like new. Get a PPI on #1, if it checks out that would be my choice, if it doesn't then get #2, not much needs to now be fixed on it, you'll get years of fun out of it.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote