View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 05:41 AM   #1
Joji

Buying a 1999 boxster

I know i have talked aboutthis already. I am going to get a 1999 boxster because it is in my budget. I tried to find a 2000 and up but they are out of my range. I am about to buy a 1999 Boxster with 55k Miles. It is amazing condition. I did a carfax and there were no accident. I had Porsche send me the maitanace records. The ignition problem was fixed and replaced. A recall with the top convertible was replaced. A couple of minor headlight issues were fixed.
Carfax says the first time the car was sold was Sept 1999.
What is the deal with the engine failures in these cars. I hear it was from 1997-1999 first half. Does anybody have a list of vin# that the engines fail on. Should this be something for me to be concerned on buying a 1999 model. the engine problem scares the crap out of me. I did ask a mechanic at porsche. he felt that most of the major problems usually happen between purchase ans 25000 miles.

Also how many engines died inn boxsters. is it an exaggeration or are ther 50% of boxster where the engine died.

Sometimes in life things become Carrier than they are , like an airplane. Airplanes are the most feared transportation but they are the safest.
thanks
Joji is offline   Reply With Quote