View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

When I lock my car with the key fob, the lights blink twice, no horn. Normal. Tells you the alarm is activated.

When I unlock it, they blink once, no horn. Normal. Tells you the alarm is deactivated.

If I lock my car with a door or trunk ajar, the lights blink twice and a get a quick 'toot'! Normal. Tells you that something isn't closed properly, e.g., door, trunk, or center console lid.

With the top down, and car locked, I can reach inside the door, grab the door handle and open the door without triggering the alarm. What does the immobilizer actually do, cause it certainly isnt preventing theft. Normal. When the top is down, the interior motion sensor is turned off even if the alarm is on. Buy a small clip from eBay for $4 that will push up the small button where the top clamp goes into the windshield header. This will make the alarm think that the top is closed and activate the motion sensor to help prevent someone from reaching into the car and taking something. However, use common sense - some theives aren't afraid of a quick grab and go even if the alarm goes off.

Link to alarm clip:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Boxster-986-Alarm-Red-Clip-Clamp-NEW-GENUINE-/140543435807?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20b90aa41f
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote