Thread: Overactive horn
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Rui725

There is these plastic mounts (gotta love how almost these plasitc mounts are the source of most replacement parts on the porsche) that hold the airbag cover from the horn sensor which tends to degrade over time. After heavy braking or downhill slopes, the momentum of the vehicle is enough to engage the horn by accident, which is very dangerous and annoying. If you come from a place with a lot of road rage, unintentional honking is something to stay away from.

Temporary Solution: Stick a thin card board or pieces of paper between the airbag cover and the steering wheel. There should be a small crease for you to insert something. The steering wheel mount, and I'm assuming yours is a 4 spoke as this problem seems to be most abundant in that model, goes for 3-400 dollars, I'd just save up and upgrade to a 3 spoke steering wheel.

FYI, you should see my steering wheel, I've got cardboard jammed in every possible crease of the steering wheel. (I hide it neatly with some black masking tape, LOL) Unintentional honking where I live is VERY dangerous and could result very bad confrontations. I'm still waiting to upgrade to a 3 spoke one of these days.
Rui725 is offline   Reply With Quote