View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
r9i8c7k

My wife got a similar speeding ticket last year in CA. She paid a total of $319.00 That included the speeding fine, court fees and on-line driving school. The on-line driving school in effect eliminates the point from your driving record and your insurance company does not get to raise your rates.

You can go to court and fight it. But in reality you are guilty until you can prove yourself innocent which is not easy to do. The officer who ticketed my wife did not use his radar to clock her. He just briefly paced her which stands up in courts as strong as if he used radar.

There is a chance it could get dismissed if the officer does not show up but they now show up to the hearings a high percentage of time. Also, while it is true quite often that the judge will reduce the speeding fee if you show up to court to contest the ticket but you lose out in the end because you get the point because by contesting the ticket you lose your right to traffic school, so your insurance company then sees the infraction on your record.

As my brother the attorney told me, "They get you either way."