Thread: 3M ClearBra
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #20
J Tinsby

I have always used Zaino on the material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay
What care product as far as polish or wax is best for these films? Perhaps yellowing can be avoided with proper treatment?

Have never had a yellowing problem no matter what material was on the car. That being said the cars do not sit in the sun all the time they are garaged.

As far as wax/polish buildup on the edges I never apply the Zaino against the edge of the film, rather, I start on the film and move to the paint. This prevents any buildup. Once you get wax/polish under the edge it will start to lift up so it's best to avoid it. Plus if you are applying Zaino so that you are getting a white chalky line, you are really putting it on too heavily to begin with.

These films have ALL changed a great deal from when I started using them years ago. Personally I think the Ventureshield Ultra is the smoothest one I have seen.

As far as bugs staining the film when they squish, that can happen. It was suggested that I try meat tenderizer and apply it to the stain (not kidding). This might have been one of those urban legends, like the Corvette that the guy died in and you can buy it for $500..... needless to say the tenderizer didn't work on the stain. But letting it in the sun eventually faded it entirely away. Don't ask what I did with the meat stuff lol.

Cheers