View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 AM   #6
laphan

For $4K, you can get new clutch, LN IMS bearing, AOS, RMS, water pump and coolant expansion tank replaced and still have $1K to spare for other repairs that might come up in the future.
IMO, it is not worth it. I rather spend the money on LN IMS that I know will not fail than buy extended warranty and still worry when the IMS let go whether the extended warranty will pay or thay will run.

I had bad experience with extended warranty (warranty direct). They always try to run away form paying. I had RMS leak on my jeep and the warranty company told me that is not significant enough to justify repair until I have a puddle of with 10" diameter or larger. They told me to put some boron engine treatment that hopefully can stop my RMS leak Lived with RMS leak until I got rid of the vehicle.
Also, when my trans decided to let go after 1 year, they made me pay for diagnostic fee (to tear apart the whole transmission) and sent an adjustor that tried to say that my transmission has been slipping for awhile so it will not be covered. I told them that they inspected the car before I bought the coverage so it is NOT pre-existing condition or if it was, it is their fault for not catching it. After 3 weeks of fighting, they paid all the repair and sent me a letter says that I only have $1K more for repair before they terminate my coverage. They terminated my coverage after my rear axle carrier bearing failed ($1800, they paid $1000 and I had to pay the other $800).
laphan is offline   Reply With Quote