Thread: Ignition switch
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2005, 06:25 AM   #7
deliriousga

It was easiest for me to remove the left vent cover by the driver's door. The vent will come off after you unscrew the headlight switch. There are two small torx screws on the left side that you can see when you open the door. The knob on the headlight switch itself pulls off then you can see two small torx screws that hold it in. Take those out, slip the switch out then the front cover comes off. There's one philips head screw in the back of the elbow that's behind the vents. Once those are out, you can easily remove the ignition switch with a flathead jeweler's screwdriver.

Before you begin, get some screw locking paint. Don't get the loctite stuff that you put on the threads because you'll never get the little screw back out later. There's some paint that goes on top of the screw to keep it from backing out. Yours is probably red when you look at the switch.

Btw, my switch looked just like the new one when I took it out so you probably can't see any problems with it.

You can also do it from underneath, but it's a little more difficult and you need a very short screwdriver since you can't take the elbow out from underneath.

Good luck!
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote