View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #22
sd_boxster

If it's getting you that wound up... maybe you're being a little chick-ish about it. Just kidding...

Give us a list of the automobiles your friends and coworkers drive. I suspect it will be a fine assortment of grocery-getters, general POS, and a few external penile implants (i.e. Mustangs).

Only once have I had anyone yell a homophobic slur at me in my Boxster... interestingly, it was from two teenage guys walking down the street together. I backed up, flashed my wedding ring, pointed out that _I_ wasn't the one taking a stroll with another guy, dumped the clutch, and shot the bird as I smoked away. Juvenile? Yes. Rewarding? Yes.

Play this game with yourself: As you're driving home from work, make a list of every car you see that you'd rather own than your white Boxster. You'll soon realize that the list is INCREDIBLY short, and that your friends and coworkers are pathetic.

You might also suggest, if it is in fact your belief, that you will score more action in your white "chick car" than anyone of them will in their Nissan Cube, Yaris, Prius, or El Camino.