Thread: Clutch effort
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 04:46 PM   #5
deliriousga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930
The only other issues I could see are:

Needs new front brake pads (rotors in good shape)
Needs new front tires
Marginal battery (possibly) When I looked at it the front trunk wouldn't open, the rear would but not the front. When you turn the ignition on the dash would light up but no ignition. When you turned it off 2 of the idiot lights would stay on. When I was looking at the car, before they had the keys the dash was lit up. Ofter then popped the front trunk by jumpering the pullout in the fuse box then put the jumper on the battery it fired right up and seemed fine. It's certainly something I would have the dealer look at under warranty.
Pretty base car, no heated seats, no PSM, no Litronic, no wind stop.
Triple Black (I live in Florida and the car would be out in direct sun a lot)
Relatively high mileage, 37K

On the plus side the body, paint and interior are in great shape and the price is <$35K (I'm pretty sure I could get it for around $33,500.

So many decisions
When you get the PPI have them measure the rotor thickness. They may look good, but there's only 2mm of wear available on new ones.

That funky stuff with the lights, etc. sounds like the common ignition switch problem. If you can get them to put the updated switch and lock mechanism in you'll save yourself a few headaches in the future.

Get the windows tinted and put one of those windshield visors in or get the cover that only covers the soft top and windows to keep her cool. Works nicely.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote