View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 11:26 AM   #9
frankkerfoot

I (apparently) have the "smart" airbag with an indicator on the console. The light is lit when I place a relatively heavy briefcase on the passenger seat. Was that not on the 2005 models? The sticker (of course) charged me the 2006 base price, which was up 2.8% over the 2005 price. I'll have to look at my maintenance manual for the Cayman reference.

I don't have a scanner handy, but I'll snap a JPG of the sticker. Can I just post it to Renntech, or what? I'll also verify the VIN on the window sticker matches that on the car in both places (it never dawned on me they might not match).

I think that as long as a 6 as the 10th digit indicates a 2006 car and I have a 6 (on the car as well as on the sticker) it is pretty clear that mine is a 2006. I didn't realize that so few Boxsters were being made in Stuttgart (apparently just enough to convince Porsche they could build them there if there was a bust in the Finland factory). If that few are made in Stuttgart the POE process which applies the US window sticker may just assume they are all made in Finland (explaining why mine says Finland on the top in spite of the 11th digit being an S).

Frank
frankkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote