View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #10
tonycarreon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlim8
Fantastic pictures... thanks ! This settles one of the fears that I had about changing to a aftermarket glass top....

The other worry I have is about the smaller rear view... can I bother one of you guys to measure the size of the glass window ? Just wanted to know how much smaller it is... Thanks..

Ideally I would like to have original 03/04 boxster convertible top, but it's impossible to find one locally, might wait till I travel to the US in Oct to hunt at the scrapyards....(if I can wait that long, it's abit bothersome to have to polish off the cloudiness every few weeks - hot sun here... and doing the chop everytime I lower the roof).
i don't know how much whole tops are going for over there but for me, the cost of replacing the old top with the GAHH was worth it. the window size is more limited (than the plastic top) but not so much that i ever feel like i made a trade off or really had to sacrifice anything. i would not be patient enough to find one in the right color that was not sun damaged...

went out and took a few snaps of the old top (with plastic window) over the new top. you can see the difference in size. it seems (and i can confirm from driving and looking in the mirror) that most of the height reduction was taken from the top. looking in my mirror i see mostly the grills / bottoms of cars and rarely into the driving compartment itself.

also found a before / after comparison

Last edited by tonycarreon; 04-05-2011 at 11:12 AM.
tonycarreon is offline   Reply With Quote