View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 06:34 AM   #6
frankkerfoot

I'm pretty sure it is an 06. I ordered it (by changing an existing dealer order to inventory) in May '05 as a July '05 build, which as I understand it should make it an '06. It was actually built in early July from what I can tell. The 10th digit of the VIN is a "6", which I believe designates the model year (based on the old 986faq.com decoding) and appears to translate to 2006. The sequence number is 30081 (I can't explain the 3, but other than that it looks very early in the production run, and therefore not a late '05). In addition the window sticker says 2006 at the top. All of the options I ordered appear to be on the car as well as the sticker (I ordered a modest set of options).

On the 11 digit, the old 686faq.com decoding says that S = Stuttgart and that U = Uusikaupunki (Finland), which would appear to make a lot of sense (of course choosing an easy decoding isn't always a German characteristic-). This matches one of the other posters. Does anybody else wtih a 987 ('05 or '06) have an S in the 11th digit of the VIN, and if so what does the top of your window sticker say?

I'm not all that hung up about this, just curious.
Frank
frankkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote