View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #13
shlim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
schlim8, you're doing exactly what I did. I got so tired of wondering about my suspension and the associated rattles and squeaks and vibrations that I bit the bullet and replaced all four wheel bearings, upper and lower control arms and drop links all the way around and trailing arms in the back... plus I swapped out the struts and springs for coilovers.

The only thing I didn't do was replace the tie rods.

Made the car feel a lot more solid and I sleep a lot better now because I know it's all replaced and good for a while.

The front lower control arms are really problematic though. The design of the front suspension leads to premature wear of this particular piece. I should buy a half dozen of them and keep them in my garage and just change them out every couple of years whether I think they need it or not.
Ha ha... yeah it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way ! Actually I regretted not changing the wheel bearings as well .... the wheel hubs were practically out of the car at one point in time... and I actually have the 4 new wheel bearings !! But due to time constraints couldn't do it... I actually keep 2 wheel bearing at home and 2 at my office in the neighbouring country... just in case I get a failure while outstation !! ha ha... makes me wonder why I'm driving a 10 yr old car between the 2 locations which are 300km apart !! (that is until I start the engine and enjoy !)
shlim8 is offline   Reply With Quote