Thread: Ipad2
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Perfectlap

I was one of the first on the Ipad 1 band wagon. What a freakin hassle to find one of those. "Hello Welcome to Mapple Short HIlls how can I direct your call. No we don't have Mypads, no we don't know when we'll have more Mypads".
This was after about 65 rings....

Finnaly some young Mapple employe with a fully developed frontal lobe tells me that I can dispense with all the phone calls and add my name to a list and they'll reserve one for me when the next truck load arrives. I get the call and run down to a mall I never go to, pay for the mypad and just make my flight down to Florida to give mummy her mummy's day gift. EVERYONE was staring at this thing at the gate and on the plane. It's like a giant Apple Touch!
While in Floridar I stopped by one of the Mapple stores in Orlando and noticed that Brazilians were buying multiples and stuffing them into their backpacks to take home where they could sell them for $1K a pop due to their import duties. Steve Jobs refuses to open a Mapple store in Rio for the Olympics until they lower the taxes but apparently they told him to play by the same rules Bill Gates has to play by.

I'm going to wait for the 4G Mypad to come out before upgrading the old lady's new toy. I went to see the Moto Xoom at the Verizon store and was not impressed from a hardware point of view...very thick and heavy. Although a no-Flash tablet is a deal-breaker so no Mypad for me. . Mapple has too many sandbox rules. But the screen on my Droid X is so big it recently seems redundant to carry around a tablet at all. I give it about a year before the Android tablets step up there game to be a good proposition to Mapple like some of the phones are now. In the meantime Steve "hold your phone like this" Jobs is going to clean house. I bet that stock goes to $600.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 03-22-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote