View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #1
SeaNile31

Side view mirror whistle questions. Car is at dealer now

So the whistle from the side view mirrors is a well known documented issue on the 05 Boxster cars. Seems like it is due to the seam in the mirror which can be caulked or the mirror can be removed and fixed from within. Again, a well known issue usually fixed by the dealer (while under warranty) for no charge. I drop off my 05 S last night and speak to the service manager this am. He says he is not aware of any issue with the whistle and since the car is out of warranty they will need to charge me for the diagnostic and repair of this. I was pretty clear when speaking to him of how this is a well knows issue, etc and should be fixed. He basically said since the previous owner never complained about the whistle it's too late and they now will charge me for the repair.

I'm about 80% sure I am going to tell them to forget about it and I will do it myself (even though I have no idea how to remove the mirrors). This is Porsche # 5 for me and not once have I been thrilled with the service I have received on thiese cars.....Is it me or should they fix this whistle issue for no charge???