View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 06:09 AM   #12
donv

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I tell you what. I'll try mine out as a total nooby without anyone showing me what to do and post the results good or bad, with pictures, even if it's embarassing... but I'll start on my wife's old Honda and not my Boxster. I'm no idiot!
I did just that, but on my DD Subaru - you can see the before/after comparison in this thread.

It does get addictive. Do be careful on the edges - I used low tack masking tape on the panel edges and actually managed to eat through the tape in one place (paper is paper after all) where the seam was slightly off between two panels. Use the tape and you'll have nothing to fear about seams/edges. Working on the body of the paint is much easier and less risk if you're not doing something like putting all your weight into the tool.

I used the Poor Boy's World polishes combined with Lake Country 6.5" "Variable Contact" pads - Yellow (#46-576VC), then White (#46-676VC).

BTW, I've not had time since to finish the hood, so I'm still daily seeing the before/after comparison... will fix this weekend.