View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #18
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthompson999
I am also running without a front plate here in Colorado where they are required. We will see what happens over time.

I am currently going through the process of having received 2 speeding tickets in 32 minutes (not in the Boxster). I could just pay and get a lower points total but I am going to go to court. I pulled my license record today which is clean for the last 7 years to take with me to the court. Consensus from other forums/friends is that given the clean record and offering a defensive driving online course (if I need to) I could potentially get a reduction to defective vehicle. We will see.

Anyway maybe, for you, it is worth doing a similar pull of license, going to court and fighting it. Just my 2c. good luck.

Gareth
With 2 tickets already, why would you invite an officer to pull you over again by driving around without a front plate?

I've been pulled over just for that in Colorado before, by the way.

In general, I wouldn't be looking to give the police a reason to pull me over. Especially when driving a high end car. I could easily see that the officer would take the position that you think you're somehow better than everyone else and don't need to follow the law and he/she wants to put you in your place.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote