View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
PhilNotHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthompson999
I am also running without a front plate here in Colorado where they are required. We will see what happens over time.

I am currently going through the process of having received 2 speeding tickets in 32 minutes (not in the Boxster). I could just pay and get a lower points total but I am going to go to court. I pulled my license record today which is clean for the last 7 years to take with me to the court. Consensus from other forums/friends is that given the clean record and offering a defensive driving online course (if I need to) I could potentially get a reduction to defective vehicle. We will see.

Anyway maybe, for you, it is worth doing a similar pull of license, going to court and fighting it. Just my 2c. good luck.

Gareth
I was pulled over by a Colorado state cop for no front plate on the F355 F1 GTS several years ago. When I went to court the assistant DA dropped the charges. I was dressed clean but casual...not over dressed. I was polite and businesslike. Some of the people there looked like hippies who hadn't bathed in weeks. Several people's names were called and no one showed.

Show some respect. Don't be a wise guy. things will usually work out. the DA has a choice of who to prosecute too. And I think it was Teller County where Blackhawk and Central City are. the gambling revenues were flowing. they had brand new schools and a brand new beautiful courthouse and police station out in the middle of nowhere.

I was very polite to the state cop. Told him I was not aware a front plate was required in Colorado as I just moved there from Illinois. He told me I was lucky that he didn't tow the car as it could have been stolen from the dealer. I showed him the service work papers from the dealer with my name on them and said I really did't think the dealer would do service for for me if I had stolen the car from them. Of course it was Sunday and the dealer was closed so he could not call them. Apparently the car had not been reported being stolen so the only thing he could write me up for was no front plate.

He did not look in the trunk but he looked at the engine and the VIN plates to see that they matched. I think maybe he was disappointed that I was not speeding and/or maybe he just wanted to look at the car. I have had 2 other instances when cops have pulled me over and no ticket. I think they just want to look at the car.

Life is good.
PhilNotHill is offline   Reply With Quote